Join us in prayer
Please remember the following in your prayers:
Chloe Anna Cant, Aaron Armstrong, Brian McNally, Ruth MacCaughey, Mia Slowie, Audrey Rafferty, Patrick John Lawrence, Helena Elliott, Irene Gilhooly, Maureen Baines, George Gill, Monica Coleman, Terry Reay, Tony Tynan, Simon Burns, Julia Knight, Doreen Hodgson, Michael Delamere, Jane Parkin, Tony Pfiffin, Wilf Crawley, George Dixon, (Martin) John Brice and Fathers Tony Duffy, Richard Harriot, David Tanner, Ian Hoskins and Pat McKenna.
We also remember Peter Quigley, George Dixon, Susannah McPherson, Agnes Bell and Winnie Dodds who have died recently. May they rest in the peace of the Risen Lord.
This Easter season, we pray especially for:
- New Members of the Church
- Vocations, especially on the World Day of Prayer for Vocations (4th Sunday of Easter)
- Human Work, especially on St Joseph the Worker (1 May)
- The Right Use of the Media, especially on World Communications Day (Ascension of the Lord)
- The Church, especially on Pentecost Sunday
This Easter let us open our eyes to see the light of Christ in the countless moments of grace. For it is in the loving care of our families and friends, the kindness of strangers, the prayerful support of our parish communities and in the many and varied selfless acts we hear about that the risen Lord comes to us. The more we seek the Lord’s presence in our lives through prayer, the more we will find him.
Bishop Seamus, Easter Message 2018
Latest calendar Events
- Race NIght (St Agnes')26Apr2018
At Newcastle Greyhounds. Please put your name on the list and there is a £5 deposit when you enter your name. Two weeks before the 26th the menus have to be in and the remaining £10 paid. There is a bus booked leaving St. Agnes at 5.30pm with the fare about £8. It’s a good fun night so come along
- 5th Sunday of Easter29Apr2018
All weekend Masses as usual
- Youth Ministry Conference12May2018
@ St Joseph's Academy, Hebburn
Youth Ministry: Practical Steps for Parishes and Partnerships – A conference to help parishes and partnerships engage with young people in their communities. The keynote speaker is Fr Dominic Howarth, responsible for Youth Services in Brentwood Diocese. The conference is for everyone who is concerned about our young people and will offer inspiring examples of good practice. For more information, see poster at the back of church or on parish website. Please contact Fr. James for booking information
- Weekend Retreat01Jun2018
Sacred Journey will be held at Minsteracres Friday 1st to Sunday 3rd June. Contact Liz Gallagher 01207 561445. This retreat is being offered to all parishioners in our Partnership.
Holy Week Liturgies in St Agnes' Church.
Click HERE to read about St Joseph's lay-led Good Friday service.
DVD presentations on the Catholic faith by Bishop Robert Barron.
Bishop Barron's pioneering work in evangelizing through the new media led Francis Cardinal George to describe him as “one of the Church's best messengers."
During this course, which will run over 6 Wednesday evenings during Easter, participants will have the opportunity to listen to this great Catholic teacher and preacher. Come along for all if you can or just come along to any that appeal.
St Anne’s Day Chapel, Half Fields Road, Winlaton NE21 5RW
Mass will be held at 7.00pm and the presentation will begin at approximately 7.30pm. The evenings will conclude by 9.00pm.
- Wednesday 11th April: A Body Both Suffering And Glorious: The Mystical Union of Christ and The Church
- Wednesday 18th April: Word Made Flesh, True Bread Of Heaven: The Mystery of The Liturgy and The Eucharist
- Wednesday 25th April: The Indispensable Men: Peter, Paul, and the Missionary Adventure
- Wednesday 2nd May: Our Tainted Nature's Solitary Boast: Mary, The Mother of God
- Wednesday 9th May: The Life of His Love: Prayer and the Life of the Spirit
- Wednesday 16th May World Without End: The Last Things
Just come along to the presbytery and the day chapel is in the room opposite the front door.
If you’d like more information contact:-
Bev Hallam 01207 659 901 firstname.lastname@example.org Dawn Wilkinson 0191 4144240